Data is at the heart of everything we do: Xceptor has been designed around data manipulation in its broadest sense. We source data from wherever it flows. We curate, normalise, validate, repair, and enrich that data so it reaches its destination in a reliable and consistent format. Data coming out of Xceptor is data our clients can trust.
We are recognised as an expert in the Financial Services vertical, which strongly aligns with Business Users in Middle and Back-Office teams. We enable these users to solve their data challenges by themselves, rather than through a technology-led project.
Our People are subject matter experts. We understand our client's challenges and we've got the experience and knowledge to solve them. Our talented team has a deep understanding of the unique challenges of the industry - we can empathise, engage, and speak the same language as our clients.
Our Vision is to be the leading platform for automating data flows.
Our Mission is to empower business users within Financial Institutions to build automated processes that deliver trusted data.
Our Values were created by our people, and speak to both who we are, and who we aspire to be. Ambition is in our DNA, and we embrace any opportunities ahead. Our curiosity and desire to grow drives us to learn from our customers and those around us. Our people are empowered, accountable, and deliver. We pull together, step up and focus on outcomes. The brilliance of our people makes a positive difference.
Business Area and Team
Xceptor Support provide a 24-7 service to our clients for assisting with issues and complexities within the Xceptor Platform. We are responsible for first line response to both on-prem and SaaS clients in production environments. Our mission is to provide reliable operation of every Xceptor application, so users can build and depend on their automated processes to deliver trusted data.
Our team values the provision of ongoing support to our clients to ensure that we deliver constant value to drive our client's success. Resolving client issues with satisfactory conclusions and within expected timescales is our priority.
The Application Support Engineer will be working within our Support Service team managing questions and issues raised by users of our product suite. This is a client facing role, with communications with clients via our ticketing system or over screenshares.
This role works collaboratively with others in the Support Team and with the wider Xceptor team to help us provision the 24-7 support service.
Role Type: INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR
Reports To: Head of Support
Xceptor Job Level: Application Support Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
- Take ownership of incidents and requests, working directly with customers to investigate and resolve technical issues arising from their use of the service.
- Ensure incident details are accurately captured and updated during the incident lifecycle so a complete history of incidents and actions taken is maintained.
- Prioritise incidents and requests to ensure service targets and SLAs are met and a high quality of support service is maintained.
- Liaise / escalate with internal teams (e.g., Development, SRE, Delivery, Client Success) as necessary to ensure incident investigation and resolution is effective and efficient.
- Build and maintain a thorough understanding of the Xceptor application, how it is deployed and how customers use Xceptor's software and services.
- Work within the systems and procedures laid down to ensure successful delivery of Xceptor support across a growing customer base, ensuring service integrity is maintained.
- Reproduce issues and maintain support environments and configurations so in-depth analysis can be provided for effective resolution.
- Contribute to and improve Xceptor's knowledge systems, through authoring and maintaining knowledge collateral, including troubleshooting and how-do-I guides.
- Lead/assist with unexpected events or failures which limit customer(s) use of Xceptor, working to rapidly restore services and effectively communicating to the customer to maintain their confidence.
- Monitor application and infrastructure services through tools provided; perform application / infrastructure system checks with the aim of identifying and resolving issues before they impact customers.
- Investigate and diagnose issues arising with the Azure resources used to deliver the service, taking action or escalating where necessary.
- Participate in shift patterns as part of Xceptor's global support service.
- Strong technical skills (SQL/C# environment ideal).
- Experience with using SQL to query and understand and analyse data within a relational DB schema
- A solid understanding of web technologies, ideally with .NET and/or SQL Server experience.
- Experience of working with or administering Azure resources (WebApp, SQL databases) is desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to describe technical applications to non-technical audiences.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills, particularly within applications and data analysis
- Experience with taking lead on complex problem solving.
- Experience in mentoring other team members is beneficial for this role.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills, logically analysing situations to efficiently diagnose and resolve faults.
- Ability to take ownership of problems while multi-tasking and prioritising workload to meet the demands of the service.
- Confident and strong communication skills, demonstrating their ability to positively engage with customers and collaborate with internal staff.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Passionate about customer service with a willingness to go "above and beyond" when necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Strong academic background, ideally with a qualification in a STEM subject discipline
- Application support – ideally both for front-end use and back-end installs and management.
- Working in a structured support environment – e.g., using an ITIL framework or Kanban model for tickets
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and forward-thinking organisation, during a significant growth phase. Xceptor is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion, or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic, or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.