Contact person for this position:
Our client is a leading global producer of natural ingredients and solutions for the food, beverage, lifestyle and nutrition industries.
The Environmental Health and Safety Manger is responsible for providing leadership and support to site operations management through implementation of EHS programs, procedures, and education/training initiatives focused on safety, compliance assurance, incident reduction and risk mitigation.
- Develop and implement business strategy to ensure all EHS directives, policies, and initiatives are effectively incorporated at site level.
- Develop, implement, and execute EHS annual objectives & improvement plans in conjunction with site operations management.
- Develop appropriate strategies for implementation of new or revised policies and regulations in conjunction with site operations management.
- Lead implementation and management of site EHS Management System.
- Undertake at regular intervals audits/inspections of the site (including inspections of machinery, equipment in use, and work systems in operation) with site operations management to ensure compliance with corporate polices and EHS regulations. Where appropriate, develop appropriate corrective and preventive actions with operations team.
- Identify site EHS training needs, develop appropriate resources, and execute training sessions for employees and management staff as required.
- Organize and oversee site safety committee meetings.
- Support site supervisors with the investigation of EHS incidents at the site. Where necessary, lead investigation process and/or collaborate with appropriate corporate staff on serious incidents.
- Communicate EHS incidents and corrective actions in a timely, thorough, and effective manner.
- Partner with Human Resources to monitor the status of all open Workers Compensation claims and coordinate activities to minimize lost and/or restricted workdays.
- Participate and assist in review of physical site security and security situations as they develop.
- Conduct risk assessments and implement corrective actions.
- Track and monitor site EHS Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and communicate trends to management team as needed to drive performance.
- Manage EHS records to ensure adherence to corporate polices and/or regulatory requirements. Includes, but not limited to, OSHA 300 log, incident records, safety metrics, training, inspections, permits, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management or Environmental Health and Safety.
- Minimum of 3 years of safety and environmental leadership experience in an industrial setting.
- Experience in managing/handling compliance issues, permitting for all media, manufacturing operations, programs, regulatory reviews, permit preparation, reporting and record keeping
- CSP and Food Defence certification preferred.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret State and Federal regulations and applicability to facility to ensure compliance
- Ability to write regulatory reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Experience performing risk assessments and audits
- Experience working in a TPM, TQM, or Lean organization, along with a working knowledge of those tools, is preferred
SALARY: R38-R42k CTC including Old Mutual SuperFund + 13th Cheque