Who are we?
Sanlam Developing Markets Limited (SDM) (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sanlam Life Limited) is one of the top financial services providers in the South African entry-level and emerging middle market. It aims to understand the unique requirements of clients and offers a wide range of simple and affordable financial solutions that cover needs such as funeral insurance, savings for education, life cover and personal accident plans. In terms of the Sanlam Group Governance Policy, SDM is managed by the SA Retail Mass cluster, which is part of the Sanlam Life and Savings cluster within the Sanlam Group. There are four businesses within the SA Retail Mass cluster, namely: Group Business, Individual Life and Safrican Insurance.
The ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply our Sanlam values is embedded in all roles. Applicants must exhibit their commitment to the values as part of the application process.
What will you do?
- Operate as tied agents maximum commission payable as permitted by the Long- Term Insurance Act.
- To provide financial advice in line with the customer value proposition and treating client fairly framework.
- To work in allocated key accounts and markets under the guidance of a Business Developer.
- To operate and sell utilizing our digital platform.
- To offer client service to Sanlam clients by placing clients’ needs at the center.
- To arrange appointments with potential clients.
- To inform and update client and client public of our new products.
Class of Business (COB):
Should the candidate have been deemed Fit and Proper for Tier 1 by 01 April 2018, the candidate is deemed competent for COB. All applicants still under supervision for any competency requirement pre or post 01 April 2018 will be required to have obtained COB prior to appointment. If a potential candidate did not completed COB, they are still deemed to be under supervision and cannot be appointed as a Sanlam Affiliated Intermediary.
Qualification and experience
FSCA recognised qualification listed or credits pertaining to the date of first appointment in the industry, as listed on the most recently published Board Notice as published for recognised qualifications.
- Matric qualification or NQF level 4;
- FAIS compliant;
- RE 5 an advantage;
- Minimum of one years’ work experience within sales or marketing; and
- Clear credit and criminal records.
- A smartphone that is compatible with the latest technology, i.e. Android or Apple.
Personal Skills and Competencies
- Client Service Orientation
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Ability to influence client decision
- Confident decision maker
- Great business acumen
- Adhering to principles and values
- Ability to cope with pressure and setbacks
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Activity management.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our independent contractors. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our independent contractors to realize their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.