Minimum Functional Requirements
· Previous working experience as the CEO / Managing Director for (5) years or relevant executive management experience at an operational level for a complex business for at least 10 years.
· Understanding of the software development life cycle and sound knowledge of the current IT landscape.
· Understand the principles of effective organisation management, risk mitigation, risk management and governance.
· Be comfortable to operate in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving industry.
· Good understanding of various functions such as marketing, PR, HR, sales, finance, etc.
· Considerable Board experience and track record of ethical stewardship.
· Good knowledge of public finance and state entity procurement practices and regulatory framework.
· Knowledge of IT Governance and Framework.
· Knowledge and understanding of IT Applications.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Relevant Master's Degree (NQF 9) in Business Administration, Commerce or Computer Science
· 8 -10 years of experience in a similar environment, of which 5 years at CEO / Managing Director level.
· Relevant IT technical qualification and knowledge of the public sector environment would be advantageous.
Specific accountabilities will include, but may extend beyond the following:
· Formulate strategies and modernization techniques, harness emerging technologies to advance the company objectives and gain transformational efficiency and effectiveness.
· Promote the use of innovative technologies that will provide benefits to the organisation.
· Champion policy frameworks and objectives with internal partners to ensure integration between functions in pursuit of strategic goals.
· Develop annual and longer-term resource plan and secure capacity to achieve divisional objectives consistent with long term strategic plan.
· Develop annual and long-term functional plans, set clear priorities and measurable milestones in line with the company objectives.
· Proactively identify interconnected problems, model alternative solutions, develop and establish contingency plans aligned to the organizations’ direction.
· Provide periodic reports on performance against plan and progress on long-term initiatives and use to realign operating plan and objectives appropriately.
· Identify and capitalize on industry trends and market opportunities appropriate for a high performing software development company.
· Accountable to effectively manage Cybersecurity, Risk Management, Legal and Compliance protocols in line with latest international/national standards.
· Demonstrates agility in responding to market changes, technological advancements, and customer demands.
· Utilize relevant business data and insights to identify trends, make informed choices, and drive business growth.
· Embraces and promotes a culture of innovation, creative thinking and taking calculated risks.
· Oversee and encourages research and development programmes to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products, and services and retains its competitive edge.
· Define and influence relationships and service level agreements made with internal and external stakeholders.
· Build and maintain strong positive, trust-based relationships with all the company stakeholders, employees, customers, government departments, agencies, local authorities, key decision makers, and industry influencers.
· Ensure strategic positioning of the company and promote the enterprise with key stakeholders.
· Lead with quality business strategies through a stakeholder collaborative implementation approach.
· Places a strong emphasis on understanding customer needs and delivering exceptional customer experiences.
· Ensure that the company products and services are designed to meet and strives to exceed customer expectations.
· Create a positive organizational climate and culture to energize and focus the company, in order to optimize short-term and longer-term productivity.
· Influence the development of clear human capability and accountability frameworks in support of people management strategies.
· Provide leadership and direction by articulating and reinforcing the company’s vision or direction.
· Communicate strategic context that guide best practice, fosters an environment that encourages experimentation, continuous improvement, and improved employee engagement levels.
· Ability to articulate a compelling vision for the company future and inspire others to work towards that vision.
· Effectively manage the company organizational structure and build high-performance teams.
· Promote and nurture a high-performance culture with emphasis on employee engagement, teamwork, career planning, open communication, and employee morale.
· Ensure that the functional strategy is budgeted for through the development and implementation of a requisite budget.
· Implement effective financial control, management of costs and corporate governance.
· Complies with all requirements of PFMA and relevant the company policies and regulations.
· Oversee and monitor financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting to ensure the company financial health, business growth and maximize profitability.
· Be a good steward of the company resources by taking cognizance of public sphere environment.
· Drive the development and implementation of integrated governance, risk, and compliance frameworks.
· Ensure the consolidation of the risk profile of the company, manage critical risks, and ensure feedback integration.
· Accountable for management of the risk register and adherence to the governance, legal and compliance frameworks.
· Successful and trustworthy individual, committed to Steward Leadership.
· An ethical individual with a verifiable track record of delivery at an executive role in the public or private sector.
· One who can lead with strategic clarity whilst being driven with delivering the highest degree of performance excellence.
· This position will rely heavily on the incumbent’s ability to lead and inspire employees within the company.
The core attributes are the following:
· Visionary Leadership
· Ability to translate Strategy into Execution
· Stewardship and Service Orientation
· Concern for Impact of own behavior on others
· Develops Teams and nurtures interdependency (breaks down silo tendencies)
· Inspires others to Positive Action
· Life-long learning orientation
· Seeks evidence/data insights that informs decisions.
· Values and Manages Diversity (Team player and Collaborator)
· Excellent Communicator/Interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
· Strong Results Orientation
· Ability to maintain a dialogue between shareholder and the board.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent