Our Talent Team are currently looking for a dynamic Plant Manager to join our Groceries Business Unit. The role will be based in Randfontein and report to the Manufacturing Executive.
RCL Foods entrusts the Plant Manager to:
- Assume overall responsibility and leadership for entire value chain of the Oil Processing Factory, including but not limited to the delivery of production commitments within the quality specifications and costs standards, people management and development, machine/equipment maintenance, continuous improvement, and operational efficiencies.
- Be responsible for the support in the formulation and execution of the manufacturing strategy.
Strategy into Action Operationalization
- Provide input into the business strategy by keeping up with the latest trends and developments relating to manufacturing excellence.
- Provide input into annual SIAs (strategy in action) and execute annual objectives.
- Provide input and contribute to the relationship between cross-functional operations teams ensuring service delivery.
- Drive manufacturing productivity through agreed KPIs and efficiencies.
- Report on a weekly basis on actual Processing KPIs versus budget and address non-conformances promptly.
- Drive factory appearance and image through maintaining high housekeeping standards.
- Respond to factors that cause variances against planned production versus output and adjust production plans accordingly.
- Manage Processing yield factors and initiate plans to reduce losses.
- Analyse downtime, provide valid explanations for loss of production and put action plans in place to prevent recurrence.
- Manage labour resources within budget to obtain required outputs.
- Liaise with New Product Development to ensure appropriate staff, equipment and materials are available to run successful trials.
- Guide and prepare the production team for customer and statutory audits.
- Support the plant management system to ensure SIC delivery.
- Work closely with the planning department to align production capacities and product mix requirements.
- Continuously adjust staff requirements and equipment availability to meet the constantly changing production plan and priorities.
- Monitor volumes and equipment and communicate any issues to the Manufacturing Executive and Engineering Manager promptly.
- Work closely with the engineering department to ensure that equipment performance and maintenance priorities are aligned and changed to meet production requirements.
Safety, Health, Risk and Quality
- Monitor the Production team to ensure all legislative and industry standards are achieved and prompt action is taken where required to ensure there are no areas of non-compliance.
- Chair and facilitate regular safety meetings and ensure action points are delivered upon.
- Drive the adherence and maintenance of FSSC 22000 and ISO 45000 standards within the Total Integrated Management System throughout Processing.
- Ensure that documentation required for the Total Integrated Management System is applied consistently throughout Processing.
- Drive in-process quality control in line with the supply chain and external customer requirements throughout the manufacturing process.
- Ensure environmentally sustainable practices are implemented and adhered to and that resource usage is managed effectively (e.g., conservation of water, electricity, and gas).
- Ensure that an equipment maintenance programme is formulated and implemented to maintain the working condition of equipment and schedule routine or non-routine maintenance.
- Monitor the execution of the maintenance programme to guarantee equipment performance as a key enabler of production outputs.
- Lead Production teams towards meeting strategy and targets through communication and utilisation of the full talent management system.
- Manage and deliver on the Production teams succession plans to enable the development of a future generation of leaders and specialists and ensure optimal turnover and retention levels.
- Implement Employment Equity within area of responsibility to ensure diversity is achieved at all levels and statutory targets and requirements are met.
- Identify development and training needs of the team and liaise with the HR and L&D department in order to action.
- Conduct Plant meetings and ensure that records are kept and shared amongst all parties and objectives are delivered upon.
- Manage the employee relations climate and ensure corrective action is taken where required in line with relevant legislation and Company policy.
- Develop sound relationships with shopstewards to minimise industrial conflict.
- Report and manage all input costs within area of responsibility and manage any over and under spend appropriately to ensure that issues are addressed before significant financial loss occurs.
- Authorise expenses within area of responsibility and within level of authority and monitor spending activity.
- Innovate and implement cost containment measures (BIC Initiatives).
- Manage contractors and outsourced activity in area of responsibility against standard.
- Manage project plans in conjunction with project teams.
- Oversee project implementation in area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma in the Engineering, Operations Management or Supply Chain Management
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years’ work experience as a senior manager in Manufacturing and operations management at site level
- Operations experience in an FMCG environment is an added advantage.
- Strategic implementation in either or all of Total Process Management (TPM), World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and Lean Six Sigma Execution
- Experience in oil crushing, extraction, refinery and packaging would be an additional added advantage.
- Track Record and intricate knowledge and understanding in the follow areas: Lean, Cost optimisation, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), Supply and Operations Management (S&OP) / Integrated Business Planning (IBP)