Vector Logistics is looking for a Shift Warehouse Controller for our Midrand site. This Position reports directly to the Warehouse Controller.
Purpose of the Role
To control the processes of inbound, outbound and stock handling in order to maintain efficiency within the warehouse. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the inbound and outbound stock storage processes to optimise inventory and service levels across the warehouse.
Operational Warehouse Management:
- Control operational deliverables, and expectations, and coordinate progress with direct line manager.
- Approve and oversee the execution of all relevant warehouse documentation and ensure compliance with all audit requirements including ISO.
- Ensure that all products are received and stored timeously and in accordance with Group policy.
- Provide direction to warehouse team on a daily basis including overseeing the assignment of individual responsibilities, tasks and technical functions.
- Maintain team focus on the business objectives in order to drive success. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within and between various operational teams and team members within span of control.
- Conduct daily checks on all facilities, storage areas and equipment within area of responsibility, ensure compliance to all mechanical, electrical, safety and hazard standards and raise any areas of non-conformances for action.
- Check the temperature records of probe thermometers and compile a weekly report for submission to the Warehouse Manager.
- Monitor and ensure optimum stock rotation practices are applied across area of responsibility.
- Ensure that there are sufficient levels of consumables including pallet wrap, paper, cartridges, etc. maintaining continuous operations within the warehouse.
- Ensure stock is in the right location by completing cyclic counts daily. Ensure staff are doing proper stock rotation where it does not go to the pick face but to the back-up location.
- Resolve issues regarding damaged stock or shortage thereof. Reconcile invoice details with requirements. Report any incident that may have occurred involving drivers that in turn impacts on customers.
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean by inspecting the various areas. Liaise with the cleaning manager and supervisor on site who in turn must liaise with the external cleaning company.
- Control the inbound process by receiving product in good condition.
- Capture stock on the SAP system to ensure that goods are controlled and easily identified.
- Allocate the product to the right bin in order to access with ease and convenience as and when required.
- Activate internal material movement, incorporating placing the order; picking the product and moving it to truck for dispatch.
- Check shelf life in order to ensure it has not expired using the FIFO (First In, First Out) system.
- Prepare for and initiate stock take preparation ensuring that the entire process is embarked on and completed within the specified time frame.
- Control the functions of outbound, ensuring the correct products are dispatched promptly out to the customer.
- Ensure that all orders are leaving the warehouse correctly packed and damage free.
- Ensure that all invoicing is completed accurately and make necessary corrections where required.
- Facilitate the process of loading goods onto trucks and ensure they are sealed for transport to the customers.
- Ensure that all stocks leaving the warehouse premises do so with proper documentation.
- Verify the temperature for the entire warehouse by looking at the temperature worksheet. Ensure frozen stock is kept not below minus 18 and chilled not below -1.
- Train staff on the Standard Operating Procedures that serve to guide their approach to work. Implement the Standard Operating Procedures through consistent application and communication.
- Implement the Standard Operating Procedures through consistent application and communication.
- Ensure that staff understand the procedures and sign off the relevant documents.
- Conduct monthly meetings with staff in order to ascertain problems encountered and resolve associated issues.
- Manage staff performance in order to establish opportunities for development and harness strengths.
- Measure staff performance on a soft point system that includes punctuality and wearing the required uniforms, among others.
- Monitor staff using the hard point system that includes areas such as cash work; product shortages; handling of the track and accidents, among others.
- Report the consolidated performance and measurement analysis on staff notice boards.
- Deal with staff problems through one-on-one discussion striving to get to the root cause of problems.
- Manage casual staff by inducting them into the culture and clearly communicating rules to be followed.
- Warehouse operations
- Warehouse based business processes and practices
- Warehouse methodologies and principles
- SHEQ compliance requirements
- Equipment maintenance principles and practices
- Verbal and written communication
- Logical thinking
- Problem solving
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant Logistics Diploma or Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Valid Code EB drivers' license
- Valid Forklift driver’s license