An exciting opportunity has become available at our Dunns Support office within the Merchandise Department, for a CAD and GRAPHIC DESIGNER.
This role is responsible for interpreting Trend designs and generating original Cads, Artworks, Trims and complete Tech packs. This will be achieved through collaborating with the buyers of the respective portfolio as well as utilising group trends resources.
The successful candidate must be able to assist the team in adding value to the brand by being responsible for the execution of the Dunns Merchandising Strategy throughout our Stores.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, passionate about performance and will have the high energy level required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment.
- Assisting with seasonal trend presentation and execution of the design strategy.
- Executing the Buyers briefs by interpreting them into relevant CAD designs for supplier briefing
- Propose seasonal trend updates on winning styles based on current trade for each portfolio.
- To design products to support the merchandise strategy for the relevant portfolio’s.
- Ensure all designs and reworks are in line with the brand positioning.
- Execute in accordance with the merchandise seasonal plan.
- Deliver on design elements relating to labels; ticketing and other branding devices required for each product based on buyer input.
- Translate the trend seasonal direction into brand appropriate fashion ensuring that key stakeholders in the business have a clear understanding of how to apply the trend to their portfolios in conjunction with the buying department
- Monitoring and interpreting of trends leveraging both local and international resources to condense this into actionable insights to ensure that the product meets brands target market.
- Work with the product technologist to create Tech packs for supplier briefings.
Inherent job requirements:
- Be passionate about keeping up to date with the latest fashion trends
- Must be able to travel in Southern Africa
- Is able to communicate effectively at all levels both within, as well as outside the company
- Is able to be focused on achieving deadlines
- Is able to remain flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances
- Have excellent time management, organizing skills, administrative skills and presentation skills
- Relevant Degree (e.g. Fine Arts/ Graphic Design) or Diploma (e.g. Art/Graphic Design/Fashion/Clothing design)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in clothing (product) design as a CAD Artist, as well as graphic design, with proven experience in Retail and Apparel. During the 3 year period, experience was gained on either Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop (ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE)
- The ability to interpret a conceptual idea into a brand fit design
- Knowledge of the retail merchandise cycle with regards to buying.
- Knowledge of product/fabric construct, design programme fabrics etc will be advantageous
- The ability to identify trend then, translate and interpret mood, colour, print and silhouette direction into designs that are relevant to the brand target customer
- Ability to design updates on best sellers as well as create and design fashion RPL programmes of seasonal repeats in the various portfolios
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills