An established, dynamic, and rapidly growing Agricultural company is seeking to permanently employ a Millwright at their Fertiliser production facility in Wellington, Western Cape.
- Assembling and installing machines and testing them to ensure they are working correctly.
- Operating machinery or equipment, such as forklifts, to move mechanical parts.
- Complying with health and safety regulations.
- Minimising equipment and production downtime.
- Running tests, making temporary repairs, or installing new parts to identify and repair problematic machine parts.
- Dismantling and replacing older machines.
- Running preventative maintenance by identifying and correcting potential issues, removing worn out pieces, and lubricating mechanical parts.
- Repairing equipment to a high standard.
- Performing routine tests and inspections on electrical and mechanical equipment according to safety regulations.
- Ad Hoc or other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Capabilities
- Good at adhering to strict safety guidelines and conscious of safety risks.
- Proficient in troubleshooting techniques to solve machine issues.
- Mechanical aptitude in working with wrenches, hammers, forklifts, and other similar tools.
- Able to read and follow documents such as specifications, machine manuals, blueprints, and electrical drawings.
- Comfortable with routine work but flexible enough to adjust to ad hoc situations.
- Strong electrical aptitude, including the ability to use a variety of electrical testing equipment.
- National Senior Certificate
- N2 Mechanical and Electrical National Certificate
- A recognised Millwright Trade Test Certificate (Red Seal) as obtained in South Africa
- 0-2 years’ post trade experience
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Forklift license will be advantageous.
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Job Type: Full-time