People (HR) Administrator
This organisation is a successful national network of NGOs & partners realising quality, affordable early learning for all 3–5-year-olds — through scaling a network of providers, and achieving specific ecosystem transformations with governments and partners.
Purpose of Role
· Administering the People function, including People-related information and common processes, including recruitment & communications of record
· Administering & supporting the People Information System and Self-Service Platform for effective, efficient use
· Providing effective, efficient front-line People function support to line managers and employees across the People life cycle and value chain
Administering recruiting incl. onboarding as well as offboarding
· Serving as first-line recruiting interface with key stakeholders (internally & externally)
· Coordinating the recruiting & onboarding process from beginning to end including but not limited to:
o Interacting with line managers re job requisitions and approvals
o Reviewing and/or screening applications and/or profiles
o Scheduling interactions (incl. interviews) in coordination with selection panels and candidates
o Communicating with candidates and/or newcomers
o Coordinating assessment tasks and/or processes as well as background & reference checks
o Populating and issuing employment offers as instructed.
o Administratively inducting new employees, including preparing, issuing, securing and processing induction documents
· Coordinating the offboarding process from beginning to end including but not limited to:
o Communicating with leavers and their line managers
o Scheduling exit interviews
o Compiling exit interview reports
o Responding to post-exit request for payslips, etc
Administering employee contracts, letters, and associated communications of record
· Populating & issuing employment and related contracts
· Populating & issuing common letters, including confirmations of employment, salary adjustments, promotions, etc.
Administering employee job establishment, remuneration, and payroll data and records
· Administering & supporting People Information System and Self-Service Platform for use
· Serving as custodian of People data, incl. monitoring, updating and maintaining employee records and all other People IS data for integrity and confidentiality.
· Providing first-line People self-service platform and information system functional support, user training, and troubleshooting
· Monitoring, updating, maintaining, and coordinating information for a People information portal
· (likely Sharepoint team site)
· Generating, analysing and delivering People-related reports and analytics related but not limite to: workforce, leave, and turnover; talent, performance-development, recognition, remuneration; employment equity
Providing first-line People functional support to line managers & employees
· Building and maintaining good working relationships with all stakeholders for effective, efficient, value-adding and quality People services
· Monitoring, responding to, and/or escalating communications received by the People functional team / department, including but not limited to functional mailboxes.
· Providing first-line People function advisory support re all queries, resources and services (including wellbeing), processes and systems, policies (leave, remuneration, discipline etc) and legislation — and escalating if, when, and as appropriate
· Monitoring, coordinating and supporting completion of probation and performance-development management (including performance counselling) processes by line managers.
· Supporting line managers’ recruiting for internships as well as administrative and/or coordinating jobs and/or other jobs as delegated
· Updating and/or developing templates, workflows, and/or policies as needed and/or instructed.
· Advising and training line managers and employees on People policies and processes as they evolve over time, including labour legislation.
· Complying with and monitoring employees’ and line managers’ compliance with People-related organisational and statutory policies, processes and procedures — and proactively addressing and/or escalating non-compliance
· Maintaining appropriate familiarity with and understanding of relevant People-related legislation and government policies
Coordinating & tracking People team / department activities
· Ongoingly coordinating, tracking, following up on, reporting on, responding to, and appropriately escalating all People functional team / department administrative activities.
· Monitoring, updating, maintaining and coordinating information for People functional team/ department workspace (likely Sharepoint team site)
· Monitoring implementation of People initiatives per deadlines
Qualifications & Experience
· National diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent in similar field
· 2-3 years’ experience in a people function / human resource environment
· Prior experience in an administrative role, particularly in People function / human resources
· Working knowledge of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act and related People- and employee related legislation
Abilities, Skills, and Attributes
· Strong working knowledge of labour legislation
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
· Strong service orientation
· Very good attention to detail
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Teamwork and collaboration
· Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
· Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organisation’s network and beyond and to work as part of a cohesive and supportive team
· Ability to analyse data and make meaningful recommendations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R17,000.00 - R21,000.00 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rosebank, Gauteng: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- HR Administration: 3 years (Required)