Bachelor of Commerce Honors in Investment Management Internship
Specialist Independent Investment Management company with a focused selection of funds across equity, fixed income and multi asset strategies company.
The intern will support the Portfolio Administration team to execute portfolio administration activities. You will assist with tracking and monitoring all bookings of trades and trade settlements including reporting daily. You will also assist with calculating and reporting portfolio account balances and cash inflows and outflows.
· Load trades onto the system accurately and within deadline.
· Confirm all trades have been booked.
· Assist with resolving unmatched trades by liaising with Administrator / brokers / custodians / JSE / STRATE
· Liaise with Administrator for new securities codes.
· Load and reconcile scrip lending positions between administrator and scrip lending desk.
· Load and reconcile margin payments between administrator and Futures Clearing House
· Submit all upcoming proxy voting elections to the various Portfolio Managers.
· Ensure all proxy voting is loaded and authorized on E-Voting platform prior to market deadlines.
· Update the proxy voting register.
· Complete the daily reconciliation fund NAV, Cash and holdings between Administrator and internal reporting system.
· Assist with all Business As Usual queries daily.
· Assist with calculating and reporting portfolio account balances and cash inflows and outflows.
· Degree in Accounting, Finance, Investment Management or similar
· Honours degree is preferred
Experience and Skills
· 0 – 6 months experience
· Advanced Excel
· A strong interest in investments and the financial markets
· Highly numerate
· Strong verbal and written skills
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hyde Park, Gauteng: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)