The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Design, implement and document data modelling solutions which include but not limited to the use of relational, dimensional and NoSQL databases
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models as required by the business units and their various programmes
- Identify and adopt an enterprise data model as a standard for data model designs to leverage best practice and fast track modelling efforts
- Monitor, measure and report the data modelling and data development quality levels to ensure the correct information is captured on business requirements.
- Assume the key responsibility for remediation of data models and data development issues.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- To monitor, measure and report the data modelling and data development quality levels to ensure the correct information is captured on business requirements
- To develop and manage stakeholder relations effectively to promote data modelling awareness across the organisation and support reliable decision making
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- B degree or equivalent (e.g., BCom Informatics, BSc Information Systems, BSc Informatics, BTech); and
- Data Management Certification (e.g. DAMA CDMP) will be an added advantage
- Minimum eight years’ experience in business analysis
- Solid exposure to Agile methodology.
- Advanced knowledge of Information Management Business Analysis (minimum of 5 years’ experience in Information Management).
- Knowledge of the Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) (essential)
- Basic software applications (e.g., Microsoft (MS) Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail) (essential)
- Skilled in using Data Quality tools (required)
- Analytical thinking
- Understand and analyse business processes
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Facilitation skills
- Quality orientation
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal relationship building and maintaining skills
- Facilitation of workshops skills
- To build customer loyalty
- Strong team player
- Motivated self-starter
- Develop Business Cases
- Business Analysis Work Plan
- Business Requirements Specification Document
- Functional Requirements Specification Document
- Information Matrix
- User Stories
- Change Request Document (where applicable)
- Participate in Quality Assurance
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing.
- Business Analysis Measure and Feedback Report
- Review Training documentation
Job Type: Temporary
Contract length: 12 months
- Data Modeller: 5 years (Preferred)