BVNK is a next-generation payments platform for global businesses. We bridge the gap between traditional and digital finance to make payments borderless, instant, and secure. Using the BVNK platform, businesses can send and receive payments on all major schemes and blockchain networks, incorporate stablecoins into their payment flows, and settle funds in over 30 markets.
We are a diverse team spread across the UK, Europe, South Africa and APAC, with a shared belief that in the next five years all payment flows will interact with crypto, and BVNK will be at the forefront of this shift. We recently raised 40m in series A funding, and we're looking for smart, ambitious people to help us build the next generation of payments.
We're incredibly honoured to have made Newsweek's list of the top 100 Global Most Loved Workplaces for 2023.
About this role in the team:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Paralegal to join the Legal team at BVNK.
We are looking for an individual who loves a challenge, is solutions orientated and uses a lot of initiative. The individual will be working closely with the Legal team and stakeholders internally and externally across the globe. The Legal Team has created a solid foundation and is looking for an enthusiastic Individual to elevate what we do.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and negotiating agreements based on contractual standards and playbooks
- Provide legal support and assistance to the General Counsel and Legal Team
- Draft contract summaries
- Keep and maintain accurate contract records and documentation
- Administer and manage contractual and legal databases/spreadsheets
- Conduct research on regulations, laws, and legal articles, organise legal information
- Drafting, formatting, alignment and proof reading of legal documents, board submissions, contracts, etc
- Operating the contract management system
- Managing legal team communication channels
- Perform administrative tasks to support the Legal Team
- Proactively respond to requests for information and assistance and triaging requests for legal assistance
- Analysing processes and suggesting and implementing improvements
What we need from you:
- 2 to 5 years paralegal/legal operations/legal support experience
- Legal or paralegal qualification would be preferable
- Proficiency in legal software and technology (including DocuSign)
- Commercial knowledge and experience
- Innovator that identifies and problem solves
- Great inter-personal and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Comfortable working under time constraints
- Strong organisational skills
What you can expect from us:
- Fair and competitive salary at every stage of your growth
- Meaningful ownership in the business through our employee option scheme
- Flexible working hours, with hybrid working at its heart
- A culture built on passionate growth minded people
- A flexible approach to holiday
- Opportunities to travel to our offices around the world, in locations such as London and Cape Town, to collaborate with your colleagues
- An open and creative environment where you can help us define the future of BVNK, its culture, and its opportunity sets
At BVNK, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. While you may not meet all of our requirements, we'd encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of our expectations. You may be a great fit for this role or another role in our team.