Islamic Relief South Africa (IRSA) is a member of Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW), a UK based international relief and development charity, which aims to alleviate the suffering of the world’s poorest people.
Position Title: Content Creation Coordinator
Organisation: Islamic Relief South Africa
Location: Republic of South Africa
Reports to: HOD-Communications
Purpose of Position
To strategically lead, and be accountable for, the content creation team within the communications department at IRSA, providing professional advice, expertise and leadership on all aspects of content creation maximizing opportunities to promote IRSA work and upholding its reputation.
To guide and direct the storytelling processes on all media material produced by the content creation team. The Content Creation Coordinator will work closely with graphic designers, content writers, and video makers as well as regional media coordinators to create & develop marketing and branding content. This includes all print materials such as brochures, reports, press releases, case studies, newsletter, and digital material including imagery, videos ads, web content, social media content and other collateral to support all the departments at IRSA.
Key Working Relationships
- Daily engagement with Head of the Communications department.
- Daily engagement with the Content Creation Team (Designers, video makers, content writers as well as Communications Support officer.
- Daily engagement with the Regional Media officers in South Africa.
- Regular engagement with the Marketing Coordinator.
Scope of the Role
- The Content Creation Coordinator has overall responsibility and management of all media material produced by the content creation team within the Communications
- To build the content creation team capacity ensuring the material produced by the team are of the highest market standards adhering to IRSA branding guidelines.
- To work closely with the HOD, and Marketing Coordinator, to ensure the synergy between the material produced by the content creation team and how it is presented the public in different media or print platforms.
- To be excellence in all media produced by the team and at coming up with creative ideas and communicating them internally and externally effectively.
- To posse’s strong leadership skills in overseeing the production process of all material produced by the team from beginning to end.
Responsibility for Resources
- Working closely with the HOD, to ensure that the content creation team has the necessary resources, to create and develop creative materials efficiently.
- Manage the archiving process of all media material produced by the team and keeping them safe for future usage.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling their role and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of colleagues and staff.
- Work with the content writing, graphic design, and video creation teams to plan and create content for various IRSA departments.
- Proofreading and editing all media material produced by the content creation team according to IRSA brand guidelines.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Develop creative design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance the brand strategy.
- Liaise with the Marketing coordinator to ensure all content ranks well and demonstrates an understanding of its target audience.
- Developing a comprehensive content strategy across multiple platforms, including
IRSA website and different media channels.
- Working with the HOD and the Marketing coordinator to review analytics and search performance reports to assess the success of content marketing initiatives.
- Performing regular content audits to ensure content is accurate, optimized, updated, and relevant to the target audience, and of the highest standards.
- Creating and maintaining a streamlined content calendar that keeps the whole team on track.
- Brainstorming new content ideas alongside the marketing team ensuring all IRSA related work are presented creatively to the public.
- Manage the process of content gathering from the Regional Media officers in South
Africa and liaising with IRW for the collection of various international content during emergencies.
- Provide effective leadership and line management for staff in the Content Creation
Team, providing support and advice on a day-to-day basis, carrying out regular 1:1 meetings and being responsible for performance reviews and appraisals.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the department various strategic objectives.
- Identify and provide relevant training and development opportunities to staff within the Content Creation Team as well as the IRSA staff when necessary.
- Ensure the team operates within a collaborative, communicative and learning environment, providing opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Provide quality control and advice on materials designed before they are presented to the public.
- Manage the Content Creation Team to create, write, edit, and design clear and compelling marketing content for Fund Development campaign for various communication channels including print, digital, video, web, and social media.
- Develop IRSA branding guideline ensuring all aspects of prints or digital components.
- Coordinate the creation of graphics, illustrations, imagery, and video for multi- channel campaigns, brand communications and to raise awareness about IRSA local and international work.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels, including online, email, mobile, video, and print.
- Be flexible within the broad remit of the post.
- Comply with organizational policies and practices.
- Encourage effective cross departmental working through personal example.
- Keep professional knowledge and expertise up to date.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required and contribute positively.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with this post as reasonably requested by the HOD.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and empathy with the
Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision, mission and values.
- Substantial experience, operating at a senior level in communications, public relations,
Journalism, graphic design or similar
- Proven experience of using digital tools in the work of the communications function and within the wider organisation
- Practical experience of developing and reviewing communication strategies and Key
Performance Indicators (KPI’s), and converting strategy into delivery
- Proven experience in planning and project management, with the skills to engage colleagues and support at all levels
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading teams with responsibility for effective performance management and motivation.
- Proven experience in delivering internal and external communications.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
- Have a good understanding of current trends and emerging new technologies.
- Have a good understanding of popular digital marketing platforms.
- Excellent communication, presentations and influencing skills.
- Good creating thinking and creative idea generation.
- Strong understanding of service delivery and what it takes to deliver successfully to a customer
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines and balance competing priorities
- Planning and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise and plan work, set and achieve deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and good team-working with an ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Results focused – ability to deliver objectives and targets with a positive drive to achieve results
- Willingness to work autonomously, and take initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage the content creation team including a diverse range of functions and positions
- Strong understanding of international development and humanitarian work
- Clear and effective communicator, orally and in writing, with outstanding attention to detail and accuracy, in content and quality
- Proven ability to coordinate local and international media campaigns
- Ability to think laterally and creatively
- Plans effectively and delivers work / projects on time and to specification
- Proven ability to remain calm and resilient under pressure whilst responding to changing demands
- Experience of delivering campaigning/lobbying communications
- Up-to-date knowledge of the NGO Sector
- Ability to produce video content using Adobe Premier and Adobe After Effects.
- Ability to produce various design material using Photoshop, Illustrators, and
- Personal Qualities
- Ability to manage difficult situations professionally (internally and externally)
- Strong motivation for and empathy with the aims and objectives of Islamic Relief
- A genuine passion for making a difference
- Understanding of and affinity with Islamic Relief values
- Confident and positive approach to work
- Willingness to travel and work outside of normal office hours when necessary – particularly during emergency campaigns
Key Islamic Relief Qualities Required
- It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with
Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to IR’s vision and mission as per below:
- Excellence (Ihsan): Our actions in tackling poverty are marked by excellence in our operations and conduct which are deserving of the people we serve.
- Sincerity (Ikhlas): In responding to poverty and suffering our efforts are driven by sincerity to God and the need to fulfil our obligations to humanity
- Social Justice (Adl): Our work is founded on enabling people and institutions to fulfil the rights of the poor and vulnerable. We work to empower the dispossessed towards realising their God-given human potential and developing their capabilities and resources.
- Compassion (Rahma): We believe the protection and well-being of every life is of paramount importance and we shall join with other humanitarian actors to act as one in responding to suffering brought on by disasters, poverty and injustice.
- Custodianship (Amana): We uphold our duty of custodianship over the earth, its resources and the trust people place in us as humanitarian and development practitioners to be transparent and accountable.
Closing date: COB 11 Dec2023
If you are an honest, reliable, service-oriented, resilient, self-motivated networker and have an aspiration of serving humanity with your talents, then this job is for you.
Please forward a copy of the completed application form (available on the website), 1 page motivational letter and your CV along with a certified copy of your ID to [email protected] before the 11 Dec 2023
Dearest applicant, kindly consider the following:
If the requirements of the application as above, is not met, we will consider the application
as incomplete and this will therefore not be accepted.
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you are not contacted within a month
after the closing date.
Over and above operational requirements Islamic Relief South Africa will take into account
the country’s and organisational employment equity imperatives.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cape Town, Western Cape: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)