My main focus has been on:
• Documenting Work Instructions and Job Aids (improved customer experience) for Telkom Direct Shop and Contact Centre users resulting from Quick Wins identified by a team of specialists appointed by Telkom’s Group Information Technology.
• Documenting Work Instructions resulting from Quick Wins on how to improve functions performed by Sales and Sales Support.
• Working with business analytics – I revised the existing document for Roles and Responsibilities for Primary Rate Services.
• Tested and documented the solution for the Telkom’s End User Devices automated interface to applicable courier companies for delivery of Smart TV’s.
• Maintain existing BPIM documents across various domains due to changes (Change Requests/defects/maintenance and showstopper releases) being implemented on systems, and due to requirements from Business (Single Line Commercial/Complex Commercial and Non-Voice).
• OPS (Operational Performance System) tool –. Part of the core team. I had to identify and present changes that occurred on the the Order Management system to developer from India (AMDOCS), Service Quality Assurance and the Contact Centre in order for the OPS system to be alligned. After changes was made to OPS – I tested for correctness.
• I was selected to join the core team that successfully implemented, and documented the new functionality in Telkom’s Order Management System for Lite Proposal Mode Quotes for Sales – reducing the steps that Sales has
: I have been in the communication environment for the last 26 years have acquired much experience in my current position as area manager Southern Region: In my current position I am instrumental in the completion of various national projects related performance management, modelling and tracking tools and mechanisms related to efficiency.
I have completed various courses and my experience and knowledge has enabled me to be the best leader in any technical field commensurate with my qualifications: I have a National diploma in management (NNMU), a Master in Business Administration (NNMU) and recently completed a Technology Business Management course accredited through Rhodes University. e-TOM Business Process Frame Works (Level 2 in France) as well as a CISCO networking qualification (BCRIM). With my experience and qualifications I feel that I have much to offer.
Some of my core function include, Customer facing Service delivery, DATA and VOICE solutions, formulate Strategic Operational Business Plans, Business Management & Administration, Financial Planning & Management, Ensure Safety Procedures, Business Negotiation & Development, Manage & Motivate Staff Complement, Operational Control Of technical Branches offices, Human Resource Management, Analysis of client issues, identification of appropriate solutions and development of plans or strategies to implement solutions, Change Management strategies. Project Design, Project Management, Project Implementation. Executi
I was responsible for Quality, Sales and Business Process improvement for all Telkom’s National Call Centre’s with the focus being to align the Call Centers to International acceptable norms. I had a team of 13 Junior Specialists / Team Leaders to support me in this role and my team was responsible to provide information to the Centre Executive’s and Senior management on ways to improve performance. I collated and provided reports to Centre Management on outstanding faults within the specialty with multiple handovers that with affect the Call Centers being volumes. My office was responsible to promote National sales campaigns where specific products and services are targeted so that the company’s sales objectives will be met. I was tasked to manage customer churn within the Telecoms environment. I was responsible to engage non conformance or poor sales in Call Centers poor sales by having discussions with various role players to identify gaps and putting into place corrective actions. My Task Team was also responsible to interrogate quality related reports and to advise the role players on non-conformance and ways to improve quality by using various coaching techniques e.g. Market Intelligence and Orange reports. Orange Index: this was to ensure continuous improvement of overall Customer satisfaction measures. My team was responsible to identify gaps in the various processes and ensure that they were aligned to the way we performed our operations. My team was responsible to
CORE DESCRETIOM OF MY JOB
• Provide communication solutions to Telkom customers by marketing and matching product and services to customers’ needs thereby generating revenue and improving customer satisfaction
• Actively grow and defend our core markets
• Crediting and debiting if there is any discrepancy on customer’s account
• Investigate and gives feedback to customers for complaints lodged by them
• Credit accounts whereby customer’s lines and other services were off line didn’t have service
• Phone customer to inform the about their services that will be suspended if due to non payment and also make arrangement for them if needs be.
1. FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE
• Customer care
• Knowledge of products and services offered
• Services regulations, systems, policies and procedures
• Telephone etiquette
2. FUCTIONAL BEHAVIOUR/ATTITUDE
• Stress tolerance and multi-tasking
• Processing speed
• Comprehension and selling techniques
• Interpersonal and communicate effectively
• Listing skills and problem solving
• Computer applications and time management
• Reading, writing and information location
• Reliable and ownership
• Approachable and helpful
• People oriented and ethical
• Motivation and customer focus
• Responsible and assertive
• Adaptability and team work
• Quality awareness
ACTING AS AN OPERATIONAL MANAGER (MORE THAN TWO YEARS NOW)
Secure company not much chance of advancement confused
Work was highly dependent on environmental conditions, In summer with rain and lightning we were under staffed in winter we could cope easier. I Spent the last 20 years working shifts and overtime to make up for the lack of staff and salary. Salaries are and always were lagging behind market related salaries for the same skills level and work function.
I learned how to work under pressure to manage time and staff to keep focused and maintain quality standards. With new equipment continually been rolled out I kept my technical skills abreast.
Management: In an ever changing landscape Telkom has great ideas but take to long to implement them. They took too long to enter the wireless market, once there and making an impact they then changed their branding from 8ta to Telkom Mobile, causing market and customer confusion, a year later and this change over is still not complete.
I learned many skills, training was available and effective but hard to get timeously. Mainly I developed my inter personal skills and how to get the most out of those I work with, its easier to inspire and get productivity out of someone who is inspired, than a wage slave clock watching. Taking a little more time and effort to ensure function and quality always saves time later.
Co-Workers: we all kept each other motivate and client focused and by assisting each other it made the organization function much better.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of advancement and long hours we woul
ProsWorking in the field facing different challenges in different locations
ConsLong hours, lack of advancement oppurtunities and low salaries
Organizing and connecting conference calls.
Looking up numbers internationally for South
African based customers.
Connecting South African customers to
Assisting international countries to get
directory information in South Africa.
Assisting international countries to connect to
South African numbers.
Assisting international countries to dial into
another countries telephone network.
Assisting South African customers connecting
to vessels at sea.
Assisting South African customers with
directory information for vessels at sea.
Assisting Cape Town Maritime to connect
vessels at sea to local or international based
land line numbers.
I have learned a lot from other countries cultures and religion and international workings. I have learned to be patient and accommodating and not to take anybody on face value. Each customer brings its own challenge and learning curve. Because of this Telkom sends you on numerous courses.
My colleagues were all wonderful. We operated as a family wile still being fun loving. If one had a difficult enquiry or customer we will pitch in to help resolve the problem.
Telkom’s management put a lot of unnecessary stress on the employees but overall they are very good and performance driven.
I would day the hardest part of my job was when I had to do an enquiry to a country with no operators
ProsGain Sharing /Telkom's medical aid contrabusion/ a lovley restroom. And getting a telephone rebate.
ConsLong hours/ Working overtime unexpectedly/ Outdated systems and directorys.
The morning starts with a friendly greeting to all, but in person. Checking and responding on messages and internal requests. I lean that I have to adapt to a certain country' culture and when their national holidays are held as it impacts on my bi-lateral date that is to be scheduled. I do research on the required speech channels we need to cater for the traffic demand. I have to consider tandem traffic from around the globe as we are a gateway hub. Included in my planning is graphs and pi-sheets as to get a bird-eye view of the needs. In my planning I use forecasting formulas to gauge the required size of "pipe" to carry the traffic. My c7 signalling planning to ensure continuity forms part of the forecast. My forecasting model would stretch for 3 up to 5 years. I also have to ensure there is available free equipment in the ITE(International Telecoms Exchange). I am making use of multiplexing equipment to safe of space requests. I am relying on my colleague to obtain satellite space from Intelsat, Washington, DC. That time response influence my deadline for the next step. The switching staff need to be given enough time for implementation when my final "plan" is forwarded to them. In all of this, I have to coordinate with the counterpart country to correlate with the implementation date.
My colleagues were fun to deal with - the job well done is also due to them. I write a report on the events and include it in my weekly and monthly progress report. In all this I include t
ProsWorld travel. Free lunch when having visiting delegates.
ConsSometimes working after hours and weekends to meet deadline trips.
A typical day was supporting management, coordinating general administration duties, as well as handling Customer queries mainly.
I enjoyed my job and people I worked with, I considered myself lucky working for such a great company where we all were valued and enjoyed many benefits.
As Executive Secretary I worked very close to management and after a few years in NZ, I still have contact with some of them as we all got on very well. I did support the CEO at times too, when his PA was on leave etc.
Telkom SA is a very huge company in South Africa, with about 18 000 employees. Over the years I worked with many of those people and was involved in many areas of support and organising events etc. I love and enjoyed my fellow co-workers and we had good relationships.
I had no hard times doing my job, I have done it for many years and knew what I was doing. If anything would come to mind I would say the difficult part was when I resigned to immigrate to NZ.
In describing the most enjoyable part of the job would be that I loved working with the people, I felt accomplished and valued and enjoyed many privileges as Executive Secretary as well as a valued worker for such a wonderful company enjoyed many benefits too.
ProsYearly Bonus, Telephone rebates, Medical insurance, Retirement contributions, Housing subsidy, we all owned shares in the company, free training at Telkom College, alot of leave for different scenarios, A relaxed and very organised work environment with nice professional people. Overall, the perfect work invironment
ConsTraffic during commuting to work, missing my children and lack of time spending with them.
- Time management on a daily basis
- Daily cold calling minimum of 100 calls
- Daily appointment setup minimum of 10 Face to face demos and presentations
- Average of 35 post-paid contracts on LTE network
- Weekly mall promotions for on the spot signing of contracts
- Every 2nd week daily street activations and promotions for on the spot signing of post-paid contracts.
- hard core sales on the road every day
- Created my own database in the consumer and SME market
- Ensure continue selling of LTE Packages
- Upselling and renewal of new products and packages
- Ensure Application form and supporting documents is correct and allocated to the back office
- For prompt processing of order
- Grow revenues in line with agreed targets.
- Ensure customer satisfaction-Provide ongoing customer feedback
- Manage quality and consistency of product and service delivery to the customer
- Prepare a monthly action plan on how this target will be reached.
- Source new sales opportunities.
- Manage and close sales opportunities.
- Prepare, deliver and present new proposals to all customers.
- Identify customer’s need and provide the most sufficient product to match the customer’s
- Maintaining the relationship between customer and company at all times.
- Make timeous recommendations to ensure that the sales process runs smoothly.
- Work with marketing to deliver results from specific marketing initiatives.
- Build strong strategic and ope
poor management culture at management n executive levels
Manipulation of processes for friends and family.
no recognition for Committed, competitive n dedicated employees
A divided team old vs new
Biased opinion based on hearsay
Friends without matric promoted
The worse is the culture of management who have been in executive position for centuries, manipulating processes to suit friends and family.
Committed, competitive and dedicated employees are not given recognition due to the poor culture who disregard your commitment if for any reason they do not approve of your highly ethical standards.
Promotions are awarded based on whether you approve of the culture of nepotism and favouritism and not on substantial evidence of completion of successful projects.
Telkom has changed management many times, and the "old" culture does not approve of the "new" culture. Therefore employees are divided and hence you are chosen to be a favourite based on which culture you prefer. Its a mess, and an absolute disaster.
The culture of giving friends with Grade 10, opportunities to work on latest technology, whilst self motivated, dedicated employees are left with legacy systems. Currently Telkom SA is going through restructuring and it is highly evident of the poor application of knowledge in ensuring the correct person is in the correct position. Some have 47 years of experience, with N1 2 3 qualifications have been "saved". CEO is not on the ground to clean out the
ProsBrilliant company to aquire knowledge
ConsExecutives and Senior management must be flattened and restructured
Questions And Answers about Telkom SA Limited
How did you feel about telling people you worked at Telkom SA Limited?
Asked 07 Mar 2017
I can feel more excited about it cause I am willing to help customer needs .
Answered 22 Aug 2019
To get more experience
Answered 12 Mar 2019
How should you prepare for an interview at Telkom SA Limited?
Asked 07 Mar 2017
I will make a research about telkom so that I can feel calm when I'm in the interview.
Answered 06 Oct 2019
I would do a research about Telkom .I can feel calm and replacentable about the Interview
Answered 22 Aug 2019
What are the working hours at Telkom SA Limited?
Asked 08 Apr 2017
Differen hours per department
Answered 10 Mar 2019
8hours a day ...over time
Answered 05 Jan 2019
What are the perks offered by Telkom SA Limited?
Asked 02 Mar 2017
Housing, car allowance, insurance, travelling, telephone rebate, medical insurance, shares
Answered 06 Mar 2019
Good salaries and incentives
Answered 15 Jan 2019
What should you wear to an interview at Telkom SA Limited?