Overall Reviews at Bell Equipment
Challenging, but fun workplace
In my current position which I have held for the last 10 years I have been directly involved in or responsible for the group treasury function and the group reporting and accounting function. I have worked with diverse cultures across the world as well as interacted with colleagues and executive management at all levels. Through my work experiences I have faced many challenges, have worked under stressful and pressurized circumstances whilst meeting deadlines without comprising attention to detail and accuracy.
Bell is a family business and has always been a pleasure to work for.
I have worked in many parts of the world with Bell Equipment and this makes it very difficult to pin point anything specifically about my job with them. Everyday with them was enjoyable as i worked alongside some really nice people.My most challenging part of the job in East Africa was getting feed back from my boss to relay back to the clients. This was very frustrating as i like getting things sorted out right away. I hate procrastination.I love my work and the interaction with fellow workers.
I have been involved with Bell for so long being employed by them and doing contract work for them. Its a family.
ProsGoing home to my family for a break.
ConsNothing to complain about them.
Good Company to work for
I have learned a lot at Bell Equipment.
The hardest part of the Job I would say is going down the mines to check machinery.
Bell Equipment offers lot of training.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
ProsLots of Training
Conslots of travelling
healthy work enviroment
investigating queries and variances.
Reconciling accounts both inter company and local suppliers.
capturing of invoices.
Handling all account queries .
People are friendly, pace of work is slow, most enjoyable part of the job is the company ceremonies, hardest part is that racism is still there, another hard part is the fact that they train students and end up not offering them job
Productive and fun workplace
Basically at Bell East London we were always a family more than we were colleagues. We maintained a very healthy work culture were everybody played their part. We had a very strong management team, who were more of leaders than bosses. The hardest part about the job was when we didn't have correct special tools for a job, but however we'd get the job done.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people, the team we worked with.
ProsGet to travel and see new places, you get sent to courses for free to better your knowledge of the job.
ConsLong hours and travelling
Great work place
Friendly and passionate stuff, they love what they do and very inspiring.
Good examples of professional employees and employers.
Pros30 min lunch time
* Safety is a very important aspect of our daily work
* Always busy and hard at work
* We work under a lot of pressure depend on production
* We have a very responsible work, without us working hard production lines will stop and then production will stop!
* Some of us at work feels more like family than work colleuges
* We laugh and cry together, even joke
* We do not see colour we are all one
* management is great, they take all our problems we have serious!
* I have learned a lot on how to be more responsible and made a lot of new friends
* The hardest part at work is when the pressure is high and production is extreme, BUT nothing breaks us we all work together as one and help one another. Even if it is not your job title.
* Most enjoyable part of the job is our relationship with each other.
* The way we get along with one another and help eachother out (in personal or work related issues)
Proswe do get spoiled womens day, get our public holidays, end of the year we get our braai!
Poor Management and work culture
Bell as whole is a good company, depending on which department you're in. my experience is purely based on the Assembly Quality and how the management exploits young talent while giving them poor work experience.
A productive and enjoyable place to work
Management and co-workers were excellent to work with, real team spirit. Workers were always rewarded for meeting targets, i.e. incentives and bonuses. Many perks to working for a corporate company. I really enjoyed my working experience and gained good, solid experience.