Business Analyst | Johannesburg, Gauteng | 13 May 2013
• Provide Outage Resolution Support. This includes investigation of outage cause, impact on user, and resolution.
• Provide and Maintain Application Availability. This includes ensuring that the application is active and operating as defined in any Service Level Agreements
• Monitor Application in Production Environment. This includes the periodic monitoring of servers, applications, etc. through the use of manual and automated means.
• Facilitate outage investigation/restoration of service to Production Environment. Organize any conference call, meetings, etc. needed to facilitate the investigation of Production outages/problems and the subsequent restoration of service.
• Schedule and track application software updates in Production Environment. Use the current Change Management Process and tool to create and distribute work orders associated with application software updates. Ensure that software distribution work orders are successfully completed. Periodically audit Production servers to ensure the currency of software loads.
• Communicate status of application production outages. Provide periodic pages/e-mails/phone calls, etc. to application community on the status of any error resolution activities during an outage.
• Monitor system security, application and system event log files. Communicate and work with users as necessary to resolve application errors.
• Establish, monitor and evaluate system metrics to identify vulnerabilities and identify proble
Consultant | Johannesburg, Gauteng | 15 Feb 2017
Great company. One of SA's best companies to work for.
Awesome to work for very structured company. What I loved most was being a consultant and being be client based across different industries. Accenture has a strong global presence, you are highly likely to work or meet at least once with people across the world.
Great opportunities to grow and be promoted within the company if you work hard. Great people - Many lifelong quality friendships I took with me and cherish.
Management very supportive and approachable, always wiling to help and great sources of inspiration to look up to.
There is are strong values instilled in the culture one of them which I appreciated the most was the consistent willingness to get help when you asked anyone. Everyone in the organisation was more than willing to go out of their way to help and empower you.
The culture is very good and formal.
There is flexibility, you drive your own career and direction you want to go.
Accenture believes in training and readily pays for training if it is in line with your career goals and role. Many times that training would be abroad.
Mentorship is very important in Accenture, everyone gets assigned a mentor to guide you that way you always have someone supporting you.
ProsInternational overseas training, The people and values of company, Constant employee support, Company reputation
Functional & Industry Analytics Practitioner | Johannesburg South, Gauteng | 16 Feb 2017
Limitted exposure, scope and knowledge sharing
The role scope is limited and doesn't challenge me enough. There are three Strategic Infrastructure teams but there the is lack of integration and knowledge sharing between the teams.
The management should consider grooming new leaders within the team by trusting junior staff with more challenging tasks. There is a huge gap between leaders and junior staff.
Its an uptight environment with mixed cultures and lack of integration between team members
The hardest part is getting to work when there is less to do and always asking for more work from other team leads/managers.
I have learned how mega projects planned to improve the economy and socio-economy of the country are important. Positive results are dependent on project schedule and budget.
Every penny and time counts and can cause a huge impact within the countries economy and growth. I have also learned how departments and state owned entities integrate with one another and the need for collaboration between them makes project processing more efficient. Learned all the regulations (licenses and permits) required on construction projects.
During my typical workday, I am responsible for making sure I log on time everyday as per schedule and making sure I reach my target of answering calls in a correct manner and escalating to the different department according to the companies Service Level agreement (SLA) …I also assisting on logging calls via emails and respond according to the request ..I have learned a lot on an IT Environment even though I never had any background of it (Qualifications )but I still maintain to be the best Service desk top Agent ...Am now able to take ownership of a calls as i believe am an excellent communicator, can relate well with people at all levels and has the flexibility of working well as part of a team and on my own.
The management team ,we work as a team even though there might be the challenges that we need to learn from everyday
The hardest of the job is not being able to explain query to the customer or not understand the nature of the call and the most Enjoyable is when i managed to take ownership of my work and making sure the person am helping is happy with the assistance I have provided
ProsDuring Peak month
Consonly on peak hours December period 10hr
Accounts Payable Clerk | Johannesburg, Gauteng | 03 Mar 2014
• Daily management manually capturing creditor’s invoices that have validation and matching exceptions outside of defined system tolerances.
• Root causes analysis and resolution of creditor’s invoices validation and matching exceptions.
• Process imports invoices using First National Bank‘s E-Forex foreign payments.
• Liaise with Edcon personnel to resolve where the order and the invoice do not match using a variety of communication methods including Accenture’s property query work flow tool.
• Manage and approve system generated credit / debit memos in the line with defined business procedures.
• Electronic submission of approved credit / debit memos to Edcon Creditors and management of submission rejections.
• Provide feedback and support resolution of helpdesk queries.
• Assisting the team lead on invoice processing operational report reporting.
• Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and support continuous improvement initiatives under direction of continuous improvement team lead.
• Work effectively as part of a team and seek to support team’s goals.
Call Center Representative | Durban, KwaZulu-Natal | 13 Feb 2019
in overall rating i think 5 stars explain everything
5 stars explain everything
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide reasons for why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of Service
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:
Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other companies, offers, or websites
Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses, or other forms of contact information
Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
Allegations of illegal activity — this is not a forum for reporting crimes
Human Resources Specialist | Home Based | 17 Apr 2014
Very dynamic company, hosting a great pool of talent
Working for Accenture showed me why I studied for 9 years. Accenture appoints highly skilled and qualified people that will contribute to their great reputation. The team I was working with enhanced my skills and never felt threatened. We shared common problems and came up with suitable solutions to fit both the client and Accenture. Being away from home a lot, had its fair share of challenges, but I was never let down by Accenture in terms of making sure I am safe and comfortable when I was travelling. Meeting a lot of people all the time and building relationships was the most enjoyable part of my job. They have equipped me to do my job with confidence, made sure I received the best possible training and support. It also showed me that you don't need to be sitting in an office from 8 - 5 to deliver results, and to be working.
ProsTravelling, exposure to new cars (Audi and Volkswagen) not even in stores yet
Programmer | Johannesburg, Gauteng | 31 Oct 2012
Good learning environment
A typical work day would be being at a client-site and working with major stakeholders (business, architects, methodology, technical resources and users) in delivering projects.
I've acquired solid customer-facing skills, soft skills, translation of business requirements into functional, technical, and system requirements.
I've learned a lot about testing through conducting unit testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing, and other testing methods including regression testing.
The management was great, however in terms of role alignment, there were a lot of room for improvement, for example, I joined as an intern and I made it clear from the beginning that I prefer development work and was promised that (hence my job title "Programmer") but never actualy assigned that role in a project.
Daily productivity is always met, and we have 30 minutes team fun hour every Friday
My day at is always good being surrounded by employees full of love and laughter and knowing what they want in life. I have learned a lot within my organisation, respect for individual is number one thing that I have learned, treating everyone fair and equal without favouritism. Management are good and easy to talk to and their doors are always open when you need help. the hardest part of the job is when we have a number of work load coming through and other employees not willing to take overtime then you have to beg them and have something to motivate them while on duty. Working with a greatest company that have a lot of training on helping us to be more productive and more careful on sharing sensitive information
Training Coordinator | Johannesburg, Gauteng | 09 Feb 2014
Accenture is a management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company.
A typical day at work would inlcude meeting, strategising, reporting and assisting employees with general training queries. We are a team of 5 in the Training and Development dept responsible for implemeting training for South Africa and Botswana. The hardest part of the job is when employees go to trainig without following the process, it makes it difficult for us to track and pay the supplier as we have a list of preffered suppliers in place, it also have an impact on our BEE scoring. The most enjoyable part of the job is liaising with top management regarding their dept training needs and actually delivering the training.
ProsTravelling, and attending events
Questions And Answers about Accenture
What should you wear to an interview at Accenture?
Asked 11 Apr 2017
Formal or Smart casual
Answered 03 Jul 2019
Be presentable, neat and tidy.
Answered 29 Dec 2017
How should you prepare for an interview at Accenture?
Asked 11 Apr 2017
Do your best to connect the interviewer to the real you.
Answered 08 Apr 2019
Know your facts
Know how to deal with case studies
Answered 10 Dec 2017
Does Accenture require background check? What kind of background check does Accenture do and how long does Accenture take to complete a background check?
Asked 19 Jun 2018
Yes, background check is conducted and takes few days to be finalised.
Answered 23 Jun 2019
Answered 19 Oct 2018
What is the company culture at Accenture?
Asked 09 Jul 2017
Their culture is simple, its more about, people people people in short.
Answered 19 Jun 2019
Answered 09 Jan 2018
What is the interview process like at Accenture?
Asked 14 Jun 2017
one on one sometimes panel interview.
Answered 15 Nov 2020
I had a beatiful experience. I was comfortable and I was welcomed.